I think this is the busiest summer we've ever had. Our weekdays are busy and our weekends are jam packed. I'm so behind on blogging it's not even funny. I promise this week is a bit slower for me and I will be getting caught up and hopefully back to normal. I thought life was supposed to slow down once you were in your 30's? I'm busier now than when I was 25!
Our friend Jason is turning 30 this month and his wife Meridith had a surprise party for him on Saturday. We offered to cook a pig for the party since we have a pig cooker, and b/c we kind of like Jason just a little. ;)
Jordan had to get up at 5:00 am to get the pig on the grill so it would be ready to eat by 6 pm. He did get to go back to bed for a few hours.
Saryn & I walked around the neighborhood while Jordan was checking on the pig. And yes, a lot of the time we do walk around barefoot. It's summer, who needs shoes?!
There were about 50 people at the party and we all hid in the house while Jason pulls up unexpectedly....
Surprise!!
It was beautiful weather, not too hot or humid. I meant to get a photo of all the food, everything was delicious!
Especially the cake that Meridith made. She gave us some to take home and I'm still snacking on it!
Saryn thinks it's scrumptious!
After the birthday cake Saryn had a little meltdown because it was 9:30 at night - an hour past her bedtime. We were getting ready to leave and on our way out I gave Jason a hug good-bye. Saryn was so sweet, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and said "Happy!" I couldn't believe she knew enough to tell him happy birthday! Then she waved and said "Bye!" Too cute!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
1 comment:
awwww :) "happy!" adorable
Post a Comment