Monday, July 7, 2014

A Week of Summer Continued...

Well, the rest of Saryn's summer went by quickly.  I guess when you only have 8 days that's bound to happen!

We jammed in as much activities that she wanted to do as we possibly could.  

She wanted to go pick blueberries and have a play date.  So we invited 2 families to pick blueberries with us and come back to our house after to play.  I might need to go back and pick more because we didn't get as many as I'd have liked.  :)


Then we went to Go Outside Play Now and the girls had a blast.  We stayed for just over 3 hours, which is saying a lot for being at a park in the middle of summer in NC.  

 They did the water slide for a good hour.




 The rope swing was another favorite.




They had a great time, but oh were they dirty!  



The highlight of the week was taking the Amtrak from Cary to Greensboro so we could go to their children's museum.  Rowyn has been asking to ride a real train for years.  They LOVED it.  We could walk around between the cars and during the summer on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday's, children ride for half price.  Got to love a deal!

They even got to pick a snack (unhealthy one at that, I might add) from the snack car.  It was only from a vending machine but they didn't care!





The children's museum was AM-AZING!  So much better than Marble's in Raleigh - and I love Marbles.  A few favorite areas were the hospital/doctor area.  Here Saryn is prending to have just had a baby.  She's got the look down and everything!  :)



And Nonie's house!  :)  A real little house, with a door, real kitchen, table fridge and all the cooking items you need.  They loved this!



They had a real police car for the kids to get in.


And a real tractor trailer.  Also a firetruck and the front part of an airplane.  Seriously, very cool.  


I know they loved it because when we got home, Saryn came up to me and kissed my cheek and said, "Thank you for taking us on the train and to the museum mommy."  That never happens!  ;)


And on the 4th of July we went to see fireworks.  The girls were pretending their glow sticks were light "savers"  Lol!  They've been watching Star Wars with daddy.  :)


Phew, I think I'm ready for school to start back up!  

No comments: