Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Perfect Day




Now, I know that no day is perfect. But we had a great day yesterday. So great that I am compelled to blog about it.

The weather has been beautiful and maybe that has something to do with it. Before we got dressed for the day we played with play dough. I saw this great idea for making a cupcake shoppe with play dough. Muffin liners, candles, sticks, beads and play dough. You can click here to see where I got the idea from. The girls played with it for over an hour! So much fun!



After we got dressed I had an appointment then we hit up a park for a bit. We came home and I got out a large water cooler for them to play with on the deck. Water, color tablets, princesses, spoons, even some ice cubes. They were out there for at least an hour.



While Rowyn napped Saryn and I worked on her learning to write letters. Saryn was excited to earn two jelly beans for all of her hard work. We have a jelly bean jar for her now so every time she works on writing she earns two jelly beans. Win win! :)



I had to wake Rowyn up at 5:00 because of the time change. As we were walking down the hallway, she wraps her chubby little arms around my neck, kisses me and says, "Mommy, I need you" in this sleepy half awake voice. After my heart melted and I cleaned it up off the floor I replied, "I need you too, baby." Sometimes that girl is so sweet!

Once Rowyn was really awake, we played Alphabet Hide and Seek for a fun way for Saryn (Rowyn too) to work on letter recognition. When the found a letter they had to tell me what the name of the letter was and words that start with that letter. Both girls had a blast!!



Before dinner I took the girls for a run in their jogging stroller. Halfway through the run Saryn turns to face me and says, "Mommy, this is the best day of my life."

Not sure what it is about those words but the fact that all we did was spend time together all day made my heart happy.

Hoping for many more days like these!

No comments: