Jordan and I went to Paris for 5 days and then took a train to Amsterdam for another 5 days. I would say it was by far my favorite vacation I've yet to go on. I'm actually feeling a little homesick for Paris. How that's possible, I don't know since I've never lived there! ;) I think I'd like to live there and I really admire how the French live their lives. I couldn't help but feel a little sad when we got back to U.S. soil and truly noticed how different we live from them.
Anywho, we had a great vacation. We slept in the first few days, showered, grabbed coffee and a croissant for breakfast and off we went. We walked all over that city from morning until usually around 11 or 12 at night. Definitely exhausting by the end but enjoyed spending time with just my husband in such an amazing place. By day 3 we were getting up early to make sure we were able to see everything we wanted to. Still didn't see everything we wanted to but I'm happy with how our vacation went. My favorite part of Paris was the Seine river dinner cruise. So beautiful to see the bridges & buildings lit up at night. And having lunch in front of the Eiffel Tower. Jordan really wanted to do that and I was like, eh, we saw the Eiffel tower already, why go back? So glad we did! It was so relaxing and we had an amazing picnic lunch there. I'm ready to go back already. :) Oh, and how could I forget going to Giverny to see Monet's house? Definitely my absolute favorite!
Amsterdam was a great time as well. We went with three friends from college to meet 2 friends who had just finished 2 years in the Peace Corps. It was awesome to hang out with them in such a cool city after almost 2.5 years since we last saw them! Amsterdam was a little chilly and grey for my liking but by day 3 the temps had warmed up a bit and the sun even came out. Loved just being with friends we've missed so much.
Cheese, yum!!
Wine + Girl time = happy!
Fun drinks!
I'll put up more photos from our trip on Shutterfly soon. We had a great time but was very happy to give my two girls lots of hugs and kisses!






No comments:
Post a Comment